The Fraser Tech Hockey Club Committee request your attendance at the 2021 AGM.
It’s pretty much compulsory for club members and you will be there for the musters anyway. If you really can’t make it is good form to send your apologies to the Secretary <email@example.com
Date: Sunday 21st February 2021
Time: 2:30 pm
Location : Gallagher Hockey Centre Pavilion, Innes Common. Entrance off Queens Ave.
What is an AGM and why should I attend?
The Annual General Meeting is like the half time huddle in a finals game of hockey, but it is for the entire club and the game has been running since 1934!
The president (captain) and treasurer (vice-captain) present how the last year (half) went for the club (team) in terms of moving the club forward (attack) and our financial performance (defence). We then look forward to the next year (half) and the committee (coach) decides what we are going to achieve (score goals) as a club (team). Attending the meeting (huddle) is your opportunity to be informed, to ask questions, and to get involved in the game.
Attending the AGM also shows your appreciation of the efforts of the previous years’ committees, to create and enhance your experience on and off the hockey field as a Fraser Tech member. This vote of confidence with your feet is a hugely motivating factor for the committee members. It is also a chance to share your opinion on what the club should be aiming to do.
“But I don’t want to show up because I’m scared of getting co-opted onto the committee”. Don’t worry, we try to sort out nominations before the meeting itself. You can of course refuse any nomination. Being on the committee is a great and rewarding experience (and looks great on a CV), after being on the committee and helping to run and build the club, you will feel like you are truly a part of the club.
- Chairman’s Welcome
- Confirmation of Fraser Tech Hockey Club AGM Minutes 2016
- Matters Arising from previous minutes.
- Presidents Report
- Financial Report
- Election of Officers
- Election of Committee
- Election of Patron and Auditor
- General Business
The Committee is seeking nominations for all positions.
- President – Club leader and figure head, chairs the meetings, and the supports the other committee members.
- Treasurer – Collect the fees, pay the bills, keep and present financial records to the committee.
- Secretary – Primary club contact, manage membership, liaise with WHA, take minutes at the meetings.
- Funding – Apply for grants to various charities and seek sponsorship.
- Equipment – Works with the Managers to distribute, track, collect, look after, and replace equipment.
- Club Captain(s) – Organise and promote Club social events, acts as the players advocate.
- General Member – Helps with various tasks.
- Patron – An honorary position for a distinguished person.
- Auditor – Checks that the end of year financial report follows good accounting practice and is accurate.
If you have any nominations for Committee Members, Auditor, or Patron, or any item to add to general business, please email it to the Secretary, secretary@frasertec